Before going abroad, we would advise you to take out travel insurance or private medical insurance to cover all eventualities and ensure you know what you are covered for. Being overseas and uninsured can be a big risk as the cost of travel insurance is small in comparison to the real cost of treatment abroad and repatriation home, which can run into tens of thousands of pounds.
However, if you do find yourself in the unfortunate position of being uninsured abroad, either by having not arranged insurance before travelling or failing to comply with the conditions of your insurance, evolomedica can help you. If you are in need of medical assistance or medical repatriation even without insurance, you can rely on our expertise and experience to advise you and to make arrangements for your safe return home.
- Our operations department and medical team are on-hand to assist you 24/7.
- Our UK based medical team will liaise with the medical team caring for you or your loved one abroad to coordinate an appropriate and safe repatriation.
- Once the patient is fit to travel home, we will arrange the most cost-effective medical repatriation, whilst maintaining the highest standards of patient care.
- If necessary, we can arrange repatriation by air ambulance or commercial flight with one of our experienced medical escorts or by road ambulance.
- If the nature of the illness or injury requires air ambulance transfer, we will ensure a cost-effective quote.
- We can also arrange for in-flight oxygen, wheelchair assistance and repatriation by stretcher, should this be required.
- In addition to all of the above, we will also arrange the airport transfers.
- Should admission to an NHS or private hospital be required, you can rely on our medical team to arrange this. They will discuss the patient’s needs with the local hospital and ensure that a hospital bed is waiting for them on arrival.
- Should you require translation of your medical documents into English, our multilingual, medical translation department can arrange this for you.
We understand how stressful it can be to find yourself or a loved one sick or injured abroad without insurance and desperate to come home. You can count on our years of experience of organising medical repatriations, professionalism and caring attitude to ensure all of the arrangements are taken care of.
In the unfortunate event of death occurring abroad, we can also arrange for the repatriation of mortal remains.